WiFi internet connection is the widest used network to access internet around the globe. The best part about having a WiFi internet is that you can connect multiple devices and it’s all wireless. Being so much easy to use and giving high-speed connection speed, WiFi has some cons too; one of which we are going to discuss in this article.
Many of the Windows 10/Windows 8/8.1 have reported that sometimes they get limited WiFi connection issue. In other words, users are connected to a WiFi with an active internet connect but still, they cannot access the internet. So today in this article, We will show you 6 ways to fix wifi connected but no internet access error. So let’s get started.
Before going through the below solutions you are suggested to check all the cables of Wireless router. Also, try connecting to your WiFi network with any other device. Also, maybe your router has some wrong settings configured; you can fix them easily from 192.168.1.1.
Recommended Read: Fix Internet Failed to Connect to Server Problem.
Solution 1 – Rebooting the WiFi Adapter
Your WiFi adapter might just not working because of some general reasons, rebooting your WiFi adapter will eliminate the problem.
- Press Windows Key + W to open settings search box and type “network and sharing center”
- Right-click on your WiFi connection and select properties.
- Click on “Disable”, which will disable your WiFi adapter.
- Next turn on the WiFi adapter by clicking on “Enable”.
Solution 2 – Updating the Device Driver
Corrupted or outdated device driver might be the problem. Just visit the official website of your WiFi adapter manufacturer and download the latest driver. Update the driver and reboot the Windows to apply the changes.
Solution 3 – Using netsh.exe
Login to Windows with the administrator account.
- Click on start and open Run, type cmd to open the command prompt; alternatively, you can also use key combinations of Windows + X + A.
- Type “netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt” (without quotes) into the command prompt terminal and hit enter.
- This should fix the limited internet issue. Reboot the computer to apply the changes.
If you still get Limited WiFI internet then follow the next solution.
SEE ALSO: JioFi Router Login at jiofi.local.html.
Solution 4 – Waking Up the WiFi Adapter
If Solution 1 only temporarily solves the problem then your WiFi adapter might be continuously going into sleep mode. There is a simple solution to fix the issue permanently, just follow below process.
- Use Windows Key + W to open the settings search box.
- Type “network and sharing center”.
- Right-click on the name of your WiFi connection and select properties.
- In the new window, click configure and then click the last tab which is “Power Management”, uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.” This will keep you WiFi adapter awake and “limited WiFi due to adapter going to sleep” issue won’t occur again.
Solution 5 – Fix it using Command Prompt
- Open Run, type cmd, and hit enter to launch the command prompt.
- Type the following commands one by one followed by pressing the “enter” key.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
Solution 6 – Enabling “Download Over Metered Connection”
If you are using your Mobile’s hotspot and above solutions didn’t solve the issue then turning on download over metered connection might solve the problem.
- Use key combinations of windows + w, a type metered connections.
- Turn the switch on when you find “download over metered connection” on the right side of your screen.
- Reboot the computer.
This article is a result of practical solutions which worked for many users. However, if the problem still persists then you might need to head to the WiFi adapter’s/WiFi router’s service center.
Stuck somewhere? Difficulties while executing solutions? Speak up in the comments section we will get back to you.