Read this tutorial to learn how to find IP Address on Windows 10 PC or any other Windows version. This is a step by step guide which anyone can follow. I recommend all you guys to read this article word by word to learn this topic properly.
An essential part of configuring a router is to find it’s IP address. Typically you need to go through your router’s user manual or the box to find its IP address. However, there are times when we don’t have either manual or the box – in such scenario you get a hard time to find the working IP address of your router.
You might be wondering why the IP address of a router is so important to set it up. You need the router’s IP address since it is used to access router’s web-based setup page.
This is also the gateway which is configured in the Ethernet adapter while you connect to the network. The setup (configuration) page is also helpful to manage your wireless network and the connected users.
In this article, we will guide you through a workaround on how to find IP address on Windows 10. It will include a simple step by step process based on CMD accessible in Windows OS.
How To Find Router’s IP Address In Windows
Pro Tip: In most of cases, the default login address of wireless routers is either ‘192.168.1.1‘ or ‘192.168.0.1‘. You must try with these two first before follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn on your router and connect it’s LAN port to the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Open Start > Run, type “CMD” and hit Enter (alternatively you can go to Start>Search>Enter “CMD” and open Command Prompt).
- Once the command prompt opens, type “IPCONFIG/ALL” and hit Enter.
- Under the Ethernet Adapter – Local Area Connect, you will find your router’s IP address adjacent to the default gateway.
If the default gateway doesn’t show up in the command prompt then try the following tips.
- Make sure you have typed IPCONFIG/ALL correctly.
- Try on another computer
- Use another Ethernet cable
- Make sure that the cable is properly connected on both ends by checking router’s LED or in some cases, the computer’s LAN port LED.
We have made this simple guide to help users who want to learn how to find IP address on Windows 10. This method will also work across all versions of Windows OS. We have other useful articles related to wireless routers which you might want to check out, you can find them in the related posts section.
We love to hear from our visitors, push your thoughts below in the comments section.